I’m not really sure if you can call it stalking. I mean, these people (by these people, I totally group myself in there) are posting parts of their lives on the internet for people to read.
But more than I would like to admit, I find myself on a random person’s blog reading about a new mom’s afternoon playdate, some guy’s latest trip to his parent’s house, why the Doors is, was and always will be better than Nirvana, or someone’s long drawn out reminiscence on their first kiss.
How do I end up there? Blog rolls. Those lovely lists on the right-hand side of peoples blogs that you can click on, one after the other, until you have no idea how you got to “Peacocks and Chinchillas” or “Black Eiffel” and before you know it, it’s 5:00!
So yes, it’s a great time waster. It also got me thinking back to one of my very first entries, wiki races, and how you can find out about the most unexpected things just clicking around wasting time on the internet; with or without a goal.
Now, here’s a goal for you. Start with my small blogroll, link blog rolls for at least seven clicks and report back with who you find! I’d love to know. Leave your best finds in the comments. They may just find their way into my blog roll!
Today I played outside and combined two things I love: Colorado and my iPhone.
More specifically, Colorado nature and the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone.
Here are a few selections of the nature walk.
10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me.
I am a typical girl who rides the fence between over sharing and keeping things deep and buried.
Here is my attempt to jump on over to the former side of the pasture.
You can check out ten more things on Ms. Betts’ blog as well as an additional ten on Ms. Werner’s blog. So instead of learning something new everyday, today you can learn thirty something news about your three favorite bloggers. (I may have taken some liberties in assuming we’re your three favorite, but alas, I am an over sharer AND an over assumer.)
Here we go:
1. When I do my laundry, I compulsively do all the whites at the same time so I can bleach them. I love the smell of bleach. I have white sheets so I can sleep in the smell of bleach. It might have something to do with my swimming days…
2. Speaking of my swimming days, I am currently the only graduate of Rockford High School to have lettered all four years in three sports and received an academic letter all four years as well. I made varsity in swimming, water polo and ski racing from freshman year on. Combine that with being smart and the treasurer of my student body and I was, in fact, “Suzy High School.”
3. As if that wasn’t embarrassing enough, I once peed in my chair in kindergarten while I was on movie-reel-operation duty. I was so proud of my duty that I wouldn’t leave half way through the movie and peed the chair I was standing on instead. I fully blamed it on a kid named Shawn who kept trying to kiss me on the playground whom I found to be extremely out of line in that regard. I don’t think my teacher bought it.
4. Speaking of being the biggest dork in the world… I love punctuation, grammar and usage so much that I read with a red pen next to my bed so I can correct mistakes in published books. It gives me a very unhealthy sense of achievement in besting professional book editors. Oh, and I have enough copies of Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style to keep a small country informed on all things proper in writing.
5. Ketchup is my all-time favorite condiment. Always has been; always will be. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, @yessplease.
6. As much as I don’t like to admit it, I look exactly like my mother. Sometimes when I see a photo of myself I catch my breath because we could be twins. I don’t know why I don’t like to admit it. She’s pretty good looking for an almost-60-year-old.
7. Even with the fear of it turning out to resemble my mother, I obsessively take photos of myself on my camera, phone and anything else that will capture my image. I don’t know if it’s narcissism or boredom or trying out every filter and feature on my SLR, point-and-shoot and iPhone, but flipping through my iPhoto is like a timeline of my face.
8. My biggest pet peeve is the over use of windshield wipers.
9. I’m a closet country music lover.
10. I cry a lot. Oh wait, you already knew that…
Take that, Best Western.
I must have passed this place in Winter Park a couple dozen times in my life, but today, for some reason, it struck me as hilarious. Let the blonde jokes ensue as to how I “didn’t get it” for seven years…